This tutorial provides a quick primer on how to download/save/capture/record streaming Windows Media, Real Media, Real Video, Real Audio, Quick Time Videos (.asf, .wmv, .wma, .asx, .wmx, .wvx, .wax, .ra, .rm, .rmvb, .ram, .smil, .mp3) [rtsp, http or mms protocols]
Windows Media Player
- If you have a mms-link just copy it or open the video link your webbrowser and right click in the windows media window and select Properties and copy the location URL.
- Start VLC
- Select File->Open Network Stream
- Select HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS and paste the URL/Link
- Select Stream/Save under Advanced Options and click on Settings
- Select Outputs and Play locally and File
- Click on Ok and VLC should start play and also capture the video to the file.