Some basic personal information is required in order to register with eXBii.com and its sister sites.
- Email Address - This is essential and your primary unique identifier at this message board. Your account will be activated only after you confirm the validity of the provided e-mail address. Also, you can receive other important messages via your email account. Message board notifications, personalized newsletters, and messages sent to you by other members rely on the email address you provide when you register.
- User Name - This is how you are identified when you participate in forums. While many other aspects of your account can be updated regularly, your user name cannot be changed. You do not have to provide your real name, this can be any name not yet in use at the board.
- The above describes information that is provided "actively" - meaning, you choose to submit this information to us when you join eXBii.com and its sister sites, or update your account at any point after having joined. Some other information is provided "passively" - meaning, that eXBii.com and its sister sites obtains this information when you login to your eXBii.com and its sister sites account and use the service. This is done primarily through the use of "cookies." Cookies are used on eXBii.com and its sister sites to verify your login information, and to optionally store your password in your browser so that you do not need to type it in each time you visit. Any time that you point your browser to a 'members-only' area, eXBii.com and its sister sites checks your browser's cookie file to see if you have already logged in, and if you have, you're taken right to the page that you have requested. If not, you'll be directed to the eXBii.com and its sister sites login screen, where you can quickly and easily login to your account, or signup for eXBii.com and its sister sites if you are not yet a member. Cookies are also used in conjunction with some ad banners to determine their effectiveness.
- eXBii.com and its sister sites is a public forum and is accessible to all. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in public forums becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- eXBii.com and its sister sites has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under its control. eXBii.com and its sister sites servers have strict security in place to prevent an intruder from retrieving personal information about its users.
- In this electronic era, when personal information can easily be obtained through various sources, eXBii.com and its sister sites appreciates the sensitivity of any private information that you disclose to us. It is our intention to treat your account information with the highest level of care.
- We do not and will not disclose members' information to any outside person or agency for any purpose whatsoever. The only exception to this is if we are officially requested by a government or law enforcement agency, or by other agency empowered by law to access the information.